Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Hunger Games- District 12

Because of the upcoming Hunger Games movie, I'm starting a series of nail art representing each of the 12 Districts of Panem. I may not do all 12 districts in times for the film, but since there are supposed to be three movies I may continue the series when the next ones come out. There will be at least four district manicures and then one for the actual movie premiere. To start off this series I did District Twelve, The mining district, and also Katniss's home.
 
On my pinky is the fence that surrounds District 12, which Katniss always crosses to go hunting. Then I have a 12 for the district number in a firey gradient. My middle finger is smoke and my pointer is a pickaxe, which miners use in the mines. My thumb is supposed to be a "seam" to represent the area of the district which Katniss lives in, nicknamed The Seam.

For this manicure I used a black and a white, Xtreme Wear Cherry Red, Sun Kissed, Mellow Yellow, Grey Area, Going Green, Wet Cement, Essie Power Clutch, Revlon Hot For Chocolate, and China Glaze Millennium. I also frankened my own color for the handle of the pickaxe.

No comments:

Post a Comment