Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Spun Sugar

Here is my very first attempt at a manicure technique I just recently discovered called Spun Sugar. I love this idea so much! Okay, so what you do is you dab some polish onto a canvas of some sort and wait until it drys enough that it becomes tacky. Once its tacky you place a toothpick/ toothpick like item into the polish and the nail polish should make a string as you pull away. Then you just place the string across the nail and ta-da! Spun Sugar nails! This manicure works best when using older or low quality polishes because they tend to be goopier and will become tacky quicker.While I was cleaning up my nails I smudged my middle finger, no big deal. I'm not wearing a topcoat in this pictures because I thought it looks kinda neat by itself.
The base color is Xtreme Wear Green With Envy, and the yellow is Mellow Yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment